Easy Tuna Salad
Prep Time15 MINS
Cook Time15 MINS
Easy Tuna Salad , is a classic made from canned, mayonnaise, and vegetables. It is rich, creamy, and utterly delicious. The best thing about that it is versatile. You can serve it in several ways, making it one of the most widely loved lunch dishes. So, here is the simple recipe for tuna salad.
How to serve tuna?
Easy Tuna Salad , The sky is the limit when it comes to serving ! Where most people like to enjoy the creamy salad without any side, some want to create a wholesome meal out of it. Here are a few ideas on how to serve tuna salad:
- Sandwich: The easiest way to consume a salad is by using it as a filling for your sandwich. Add it to your sandwich along with freshly sliced tomatoes and lettuce leaves. The sandwich is wholesome and utterly delicious.
- Burrito: You can also serve it as a filling for your burrito. Place the salad in a flour tortilla along with guacamole or salsa and wrap it up. This tuna salad burrito is the best thing you will ever taste!
- Lettuce/cabbage wrap: For those who like to avoid bread and tortillas, we have an amazing idea for you to enjoy a crunchy wrap! Use fresh lettuce or cabbage leaves, scoop the tuna salad in the middle, and wrap it up to get healthy, light, low-carb, gluten-free wraps for lunch or snacks.
- As a dip: believe it or not, you can also serve tuna salad as a dip! Make it creamier with more mayonnaise and serve it as a dip with nachos, garlic bread, tortilla chips, or crackers.
How to store?
Easy Tuna Salad , To get the maximum flavor, it is ideal you eat it fresh. However, if you have leftover salad, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. However, make sure you don’t leave it on the kitchen counter for long, or it will go back. Place it in the refrigerator instantly.
Also, you can freeze the leftover tuna as well. Place it in a freezer-safe container and refrigerator. It will last for up to 2 months. Thaw before using.
Variation ideas: Easy Tuna Salad
- If you are looking for a healthier version, substitute mayonnaise with Greek yogurt.
- You can also add mashed avocados instead of mayonnaise for a healthier version.
- Add dried fruits like walnuts and raisins for crunchy elements.
- You can also add chopped cucumbers or cabbage to the salad.
- You can spice up the salad by adding red chili flakes, paprika powder, or curry powder.
In a bowl, add drained tuna.
Add diced celery stalk, chopped onions, chopped chives, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, salt, and black pepper.
Mix well using a spoon.